Award Ceremony

Today the staff of Life in the Slow Lane bestows upon Me of the One Name, the Bronze Pen in recognition of her 500th letter written in the line of duty.

*Much Applause and Acclaim*

[Begin Acceptance Speech]

Thank you, thank you. I couldn't have done it without the loving support of all of you here in the Slow Lane. When I try to figure out what to write to someone who closes their letter with "RESPONSE NOW" or "P.S. Send money." or "I'm up for parole in 2007" it is a great inspiration to know that all of you are here to cheer me on. To know that I have now written more letters in the last four months than many people do in their entire lives... Wow, what can I say?

But thank you, it is an honor to be recognized with the Bronze Pen.

[End Acceptance Speech]



*Please Note: The Bronze Pen does not really exist. However, the 500 letters really do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

Amtrak Adventuring