Watching Paint Dry

When the paint dries, the remodel we started nine months ago will be complete.

So says me. The one chiefly responsible for accomplishing the remodel still sees things that need to be finished, but they are so minor that I choose to mark the project completed.

(Pictures to follow when I find a way to hide all of my junk.)

I guess I am always surprised by the interest people show in things I think to be rather inconsequential, like our remodel. But people have consistently asked about what manner of chaos still reigned. "There is a hole in our wall" to "we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner and we have no sink or kitchen counter" to "we just need to paint". And now, all ye who are still curious, we are just waiting for the paint to dry.

Nine months is an auspicious time frame. If only I could guarantee that all of the other unfinished projects lying around could be completed in such a short time. Travel near and far and most everyone you meet will credit that measurement of time as important to their life story. Quite a coincidence, isn't it?

Besides the remodel, I've been involved in another all-encompassing project expected to take nine months. More and more people have been inquiring into the status of this project, too.

Too bad the questions and comments get so much more personal than "What color did you paint?"

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an excellent project to be involved in! (Especially the latter one though the former is good as well). :-) Just prepare to never ever be able to cross it off your list and expect people to be much more insistent on the excellency of their opinions when it comes to babies rather than wall color... When are you due?
slowlane said…
You are very, very correct. The scheduled date is the third week of July, but we all know how well babies keep to schedules.
caedmonstia said…
I want to see pictures. Even if you have not hidden your junk yet. Last time I was there, your bathroom had no knob. Instead it had a large hole in the door, where a knob should be. I believe it had a paint rag stuck in it. I trust you have a knob now.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers