Going to the Dogs

"Do you happen to know anyone who house-sits?"

"Um... well, um... I guess technically, um... I do... ButItrynottoletpeopleknow."

"Oh, well, would you consider house-sitting for me? I paid two hundred dollars to put my dogs in a kennel over the weekend and they came back dirty and sick."

"Um..."

"The little puppy was sick."

Folks, how can you say no when saying no means a puppy might get sick? I keep telling myself I am not going to say yes as many times as I did last summer. Last summer I needed a place to live, this summer I don't. Yet already I have eight assignments I couldn't say "no" to.

Those big, sad, puppy dog eyes... and I haven't even seen the puppy yet.

Comments

Brian said…
Oh, hey, that reminds me. Do you know anyone who could watch two cats, a turtle, a tortoise, a tarantula, and 27 granadilla vines?
How in the world do you get all these opportunities? The summer when I needed to housesit, I couldn't find anything!

Having read about your previous experience housesitting with dogs, I can understand why you might not be thrilled about it...but how nice that someone else will pay you just for staying at their house for awhile!
slowlane said…
About finding places to house-sit. It has all been by word of mouth and people approaching me. I have no idea how it started!

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers