Can you hear me now?

My desk is the first in a bank of desks pushed up against a wall. Every morning I come in, drop my purse in my file drawer and begin on my pile.

Invariably, I hear buzzing, and I roll over to my file drawer, open my purse, and check my phone to see if it was the culprit.

Nope.

More buzzing. Am I hearing things? Is my computer buzzing? Has another construction crew moved in? Maybe I need to ask if the buzzing in my ear is bothering anyone else.

Nope. They didn't hear anything, but they check their phones just in case.

Four desks away "Oh! I have a text message!"

For some strange reason, I cannot hear my phone vibrate in my drawer, but I can hear any of the other four phones every time they buzz.

So if any of you ever need to reach me while I'm at work, let me give you the number for one of my co-worker's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers