Impossibility

Where have all of the apple cider mixes gone?

I can't find them anywhere and this is a BIG, DEEP tragedy.

Many years ago a friend's mother asked me, as she shopped her way through Costco for her college-aged child, "If you had an unlimited shopping trip to Costco, what would you ask for?"

Apple Cider. Of course.

Once I had my very own Costco card, I made certain to get a giant box of apple cider every time I was running low, and I have enjoyed every packet that I bought in the winters since.

For a staff Christmas party, I volunteered to bring hot apple cider, imagining a quick trip to Costco and then tearing open a bunch of pouches. Since I knew I would be replenishing my supply soon, I extravagantly used up the last of my carefully guarded stash.

But Costco doesn't have them.

Nor my favorite grocery store.

Nor my not-so-favorite grocery store.

What has this world come to?

I am lost in a world of no Alpine spiced cider!

Comments

Brian said…
We will send out the Saint Bernards.
Unknown said…
if you go to the continental mills website, you can find a list of stores in your area that carry (or at least should carry) the product you want.

or you could just make it fresh from apple juice and spices.
D said…
The difficulty being that above mentioned site doesn't recognize your zip code. But apparently it can be ordered from Costco for business delivery (which has a $20 charge for the service).

Alternately, Albertsons normally carries the small boxes, if you get desperate.
Vicki Carroll said…
Well, if I had known, I would have looked for it this morning. When I go out this afternoon, I'll see if our local market has some!Do you want it in case lots?
Vicki Carroll said…
I found some! I found some! Would you like me to mail some to you, or will Christmas Eve be soon enough?
Love, Mom
Matthew Carroll said…
Try Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Alpine+spiced+cider&x=0&y=0
slowlane said…
So many choices! I am saved after all. =)

Mom, I Christmas Eve will be soon enough for the box. Thanks so much!
caedmonstia said…
I feel your pain, Bluckford. I, too, am surrounded by no apple cider.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers