What have you done with my children?

Every once in awhile I find myself asking "Are these the same children I have been babysitting for the last year and a half?"

Usually this is not a good thing.

But today these children, and I think they were the same children, sat enraptured while I pretended to bake. Through 45 minutes (yes, that is forty-five) they listened to me go through recipes for waffles, cookies, fruit salad, and many others.

They even put down their flying scooters to come listen.

I tell you, if it hadn't been for their reaction to a "little baby" beetle crawling across the cement and then being quickly consumed by a "big meanie" spider, I would be inclined to think that there was an alien invasion afoot.

While I'm on the topic of alien invasions, since I so rarely happen upon this subject, I saw five minutes of a most interesting TV show the other day. In it, scientists were theorizing that the only way to explain the radical shift in bone structure in the evolutionary history of mankind was to atribute it to alien hybridization.

I'd say something clever about that, but words fail me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"While I'm on the topic of alien invasions, since I so rarely happen upon this subject, I saw five minutes of a most interesting TV show the other day. In it, scientists were theorizing that the only way to explain the radical shift in bone structure in the evolutionary history of mankind was to atribute it to alien hybridization."

Yeah, them scientists. What will they think of next?
Damian said…
What channel was that on? Sci-fi network?
slowlane said…
It was the sci-fi channel, and at first I thought it was a joke, but I guess the sci-fi channel doesn't joke about that stuff.
Damian said…
Most experts on the Sci-fi network are "scientists" in quotation marks.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers