The Way of Things

I always suspected there to be only a handful of ways a person could organize their kitchen in a sensible way. And of course, of all places to be sensible, the kitchen ranks high.

Which is why when I open what should be the silverware drawer and find the dog's leash, or go hunting high and low only to discover the cooking utensils and the dish towels must have traded spaces, I wonder what sort of nonsense I've encountered.

Opening cupboard after cupboard, and drawer after drawer, I'm a sleuth and a snoop, trying to understand the way of things. But in this line of detective work, bravery is boldly confronting the greatest test of my investigative skills: unloading the dishwasher.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It must be frustrating living in other people's houses and not knowing where things go. I never new what an eloquent writer you are. Your blogs are most interesting and it is fun getting to know you a little better through them!

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers