Standing On(e) Ceremony

This week marks three years since the first of my siblings got married. I am one of five, and the only one not yet "hitched".

As anyone knows, coming at the end always creates a great deal of expectation to maintain traditions, but I always was the really rebellious one (just ask my sister about the only time she thinks I ever got into trouble).

So speaking of traditions, let me share with those of you who are not aware, some of the numbers involved with the four marriages that have already occurred among my siblings:

#1) Two wedding ceremonies, two receptions, two languages
#2) Three ceremonies, four receptions/after parties, two languages
#3) One ceremony, three receptions, two languages
#4) Two ceremonies, two receptions, two languages

Folks, I plan to do what has never been done before. Yes, dear readers after a total of 8 ceremonies and 11 receptions with significant usage of multiple languages, I plan to break the mold! Who knows whether it is actually possible?!?

But come April, we will see one ceremony, one reception, accomplished with the use of only one language.

But my S.O.S and I will be no less married.

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
Well, if you're limiting yourself to only one language, but you're going to do what has never been done before, then that rules out a ceremony in English, Portuguese, Hebrew or Chinese.

If you're taking suggestions, I don't see any African languages on that list.
caedmonstia said…
Yes, I think that we deserve a special blog post entitled, "'The Only Time Slowlane Ever Did a Bad Thing' or 'The Dastardly Day of the Watermelon Seed Incident'". Perhaps it could be made into a musical and performed at your one-language wedding reception to entertain the guests, since you won't be having any bonfire jumping or potentially awkward multi-cultural moments.
Vicki Carroll said…
If Slowlane invites all of her musically talented relatives and friends, we could have a (what's it called when you have lots of music and dancing?). That would kinda make up for no bonfire jumping....
Brian said…
Have you even ASKED the church administrators about the possibility of bonfire jumping? Ye have not because ye ask not.
serapio said…
I don't think it counts if there's only one language. Maybe if the special music was in some other language that would count. Did "The Day of Biuka's Wedding" ever have lyrics? Perhaps we can find some solution here.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers