What are you reading?

I have never been an avid reader of news. In high school, I'd read a few articles in the front page as I waited for the comics section. For a time in college I felt obliged to stop and read the headlines through the glass of the newspaper stand on my way to class. As a responsible adult, I read the news feed from BBC, but that was before I began suspecting that someday I would see a name I recognized in the news.

But recently my boss signed me up for an international news service where everything pertains to people with disabilities. Except for the headlines I may glance at as I sign in to my web-based email account, this is the only news I see.

I've only been on this disability-news-only diet for maybe as long as two months, but it has greatly affected my perception. I would not have guessed this beforehand; my job has revolved around this theme for more than two and a half years. But I've been given a different set of lenses to view the world, and it is almost enough to make me an activist.

Which leads me to ask, Where are you getting your news?

Comments

caedmonstia said…
Hey, go for it! Be an activist. I think it's a good idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers