Hm...

After I was hired for my job, but before I showed up for my first day of work, my co-workers set about getting my work station set up.

This involved moving a monstrous filing cabinet infamously known as The Cave (who knows what lurks in there?).

This also involved trying (and failing) to convince the VP of Administration that a desk larger than a filing cabinet would not be a fire hazard.

And then there was a desk chair.

I'm not sure of the entire process they went to in trying to purchase a chair for me, because I ended up with a hand-me-down (This wonder-chair bit by bit, day by day, tilts you forward until suddenly you realize that you are about to land on the floor and your neck aches.), but today I was told of one trouble they encountered.

They found a really nice Executive Desk Chair in the catalog, but the disclaimer caught them off guard: Not intended for use for periods longer than four hours.

Executive indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers