Seminar

One sure sign of real adulthood is the necesity to attend a seminar for work.

Admitedly I went to the seminar with less than rosey thoughts. After all, the topic was leadership, and as an entry level, newest-in-the-department employee, I didn't see much purpose in my attendance.

It proved to be much less horrific than I thought, and day two actually provided new insights that I can use.

But among the many "Let's find out if you learned what we wanted you to learn" questions at the end, was "Have you written a personal leadership mission statement that is understandable to a 12 year old and can be recited at gun point?"

Frankly, I doubt that any militant 12 year olds will be interested in knowing my personal leadership mission statement.

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
Congratulations, you have not only reached adulthood, but corporate-culture-hood (cubicle-culture-hood?). Bring on the dancing Dilbert clowns.
Damian said…
My personal mission is to avoid armed twelve year olds.
Anonymous said…
It's a good thing you don't teach Jr. High school. (Scary) (Mom)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers