Data Entry

Sometimes data entry is the bane of my existence. There is nothing exciting about copying names and addresses into a massive data base that may or may not decide to befriend you on any particular day. And the only thing that keeps me typing and tabbing and typing some more is the knowledge that I will need some of this information later.

But there are other days when data entry is what keeps me upright at my desk, rather than crawling under it or hiding in the corner of the darkened bathroom and hoping no one realizes just how comforting the tiled darkness is (Really, if the toilets had lids, the bathroom would be quite the perfect place to escape to).

But data entry is black and white, short and shorter... everything is made to fit into a box. All day long I can stuff letters and numbers in boxes... and they like it!

Tomorrow I may grumble again at the necessary work of data entry, but today I find comfort in straight lines and black and white.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers