Going Political

I don't get care to season my life with much news. I sometimes will catch 30 seconds on TV as I walk from my room to the kitchen for breakfast and maybe another four headlines when I sign on to check my email. But some time ago I stopped trying to read through my bloglines subscription to BBC news, and I kind of like it this way.

I suspect, however, that something may be going on in the world. Especially since nearly all of the blogs I read are making political comments.

I was worried I might have to form some sort of coherent opinion in time for the primaries, or even before then, since I vote by absentee ballot. But sadly, the issue which seemed most likely to push me to do research was the annoying bumper-sticker-covered car who chose to take my parking space out of all of the always-empty spots on the street.

But I opened my absentee ballot, and I guess I am off the hook for another several months. You see, I have a problem with indecisiveness, and back when I registered to vote, I couldn't decide which party to register with. So I didn't choose. And you know what? When you don't choose in California, you don't have to choose at the primaries... you don't have a choice at the primaries.

So while the hard issue for everyone else on the upcoming primary is presidential in nature, the most difficult decision I face is whether to support community college funding.

And I don't think I have seen any headlines on that.

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
Huh? What? News?

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers