Failure

In the three quarters of a semester that I have been back in school, I have many times thought "I am insane for having signed up. I am going to fail. There is no possible way for me to do all that is named in the course syllabus."

I have been right about everything except for that second sentence. I am insane for having signed up, and there is no possible way for me to do all that is required, yet somehow, so far, my grades have stayed in that range that even a straight-A-student (except for trying to fail math to spite the teacher) can live with.

Well, except for the grade I just got back on my reflection essay. If I remember how to do percentages in my head (I only tried to fail one math class) the grade comes out to be 85%, but it is the principle of the thing that makes me begin to doubt. Any displeasure with a grade less than an "A" is always about the principle of the thing.

I considered arguing this very important issue with the teacher (I haven't quite figured out which principle the 85% is contradicting), but it strikes me that she might not think my reflections on her reflections of my reflection paper would be worth reflecting on.

But I might just fail the class to spite her.

Comments

Vicki Carroll said…
Just out of curiousity, was it the geometry class at GWHS that you tried to fail?
slowlane said…
Yep. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers