Wedding Planner(s)

The last day that I was house sitting, the neighbor came over to introduce herself and gush about me getting married. Frankly, I was surprised she knew and even more surprised that whoever had told her had been excited enough to gush enough that she could gush.

But I did my level headed best to answer all the questions.

"And when is the date?"

"April."

"Oh, the daffodils will be lovely!"

I wasn't sure where there had been any daffodils involved at all, but she flipped open her date book she was carrying, and there, the week of my wedding, was a news clipping about daffodils. She continued to share with me how perfect this particular flower was for my purposes and then excused herself, commenting over her shoulder about the need for me to start gathering addresses.

Right. Note to self.

In the lunch room at work, idle conversation about the weather turned to "So have you picked your colors yet?" While the sheer number of people asking this question has made me begin to think that this might be something I should be thinking about, I could excuse this inquiry a little more easily, as this co-worker is in charge of layout design. I pointed out that I had no clue, and wasn't it proof that it was a good thing I earn my living with words and not visuals?

She didn't even acknowledge my weak attempt of an excuse.

"Green. You seem to wear a lot of green."

She's the fourth person to suggest it and I promise, there is no more green in my closet than any other color.

And then there was the helpful soul who worked her myriad of connections to secure the location and the kind friend who got so excited about me registering for dishes that she used three exclamation marks and told me which stores I shouldn't even consider going into. Then my boss volunteered the rest of the department to take care of the food for the reception and a co-worker suggested her daughter would be thrilled to make confectionery and and and.

I've heard a thing or two about wedding planners, and in the magazine someone checked out of the library for me, there was a list of tips to finding a wedding planner. I'm not sure how it works when the wedding planners find you, but I suppose the key quality still holds true: "Your planner should... be genuinely excited about your wedding."

No problem there.

(Check out your own opportunity to be a wedding planner in the side bar!)

Comments

sarah marie said…
That's funny, I feel like I remember you wearing a lot of green, too! But if you say you don't, I'll take your word for it. :) I'm excited for you, by the way!
Vicki Carroll said…
So instead of apple pie, how about razzleberry pie or ice cream cake? And how about bubble solution instead of rice or flower petals. Oh, wait, you already have the flower petals!=)
Anonymous said…
You know, I don't think I've picked wedding "colors" yet, and I've been married to your uncle for 12+ years! You picked the important thing (the man) the rest of the decisions are a lot lower on the priority list. Have fun with it all.

Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers