Gifts

Now that you have a few pictures to help you imagine what life was like to go out with a white baby in China, I thought I would share a list with you.

Things My Charge Collected From Passersby and Near Strangers

Candy
Fruit Rolls
A large ball
Two choking hazardous toys
A rose from a vendor in the Amazing Department Store
A mostly flat ball dug out of the back of a closet
Steamed bread
A stuffed panda bear toy
A bean bag Chinese pig (We know it is a Chinese pig because of the slanted eyes.)
A peach
A Chinese Opera T-shirt
A small Chinese flag
Orange Soda from a street vendor
Chunks of sugar crystals
Seven flowers picked with a few furtive glances to see who might be watching
Sips of Orange Soda in a restaurant kitchen (The number of times that baby went into a kitchen!)
A key chain to snap on his stroller
A key chain with a light

Just in case you were wondering, we accidentally on purpose left a few of those things behind.

Comments

I like this list. I found it very informative. Lists are often either depressingly obsessive or painfully witty. This list gives us an interesting glimpse into a strange world and raises as many questions as it answers. Who gave the items? Where and why where they given? I shall enjoy myself imagining the answers to these and other questions.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers