Practical Joke?

In my 7 weeks of work, I have received six direct calls from an outside line to my extension.

One of them was a co-worker checking in to see if I was enjoying her day off.

The other 5 have been calls from people who do not speak English. Or Spanish. Or French. Or German. They have all been wrong numbers.

Doesn't the statistical analysis on that make you wonder?

And then there is another matter, having to do with a book that has been published somewhere, that claims to list all sorts of companies that are just itching to give away free money if you only take the time to write them your sad story and why you need help.

And perhaps you have guessed that my NPO is listed. Aparently we give away free computers. And so, we get many polite requests for a free computer from people who are very poor, and as sad as their stories are, it is sadder still to have to tell them that they've been lied to.

And I wonder who it is that is gleefully putting a down payment on their island because they thought up this great joke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers