My Ears Are Burning

They say that when someone is talking about you, your ears burn. Either I've got too much wax build up (I'm sorry, I know that's gross.), or I need to get replacement smoke detectors.

Besides not realizing that my time for Reception Desk Duty had finally landed, aparently a poem I wrote is making the rounds of the office, discreetly, of course.

On of my co-workers (our techie) is moving on after working here for 20 years. Naturally, everyone decided that we should do something about it. So one person volunteered to make a scrapbook if everyone contributed something.

Now in my two months of work, this man has only wrestled with my computer equipment twice, only knocking his head 6 times. Naturally, I don't have nearly as much to offer to the scrapbook as people who have his phone numbers memorized.

But we were each supposed to fill a page.

So I wrote a poem.

And now I get phone calls like "Oh my goodness! I just read your poem! I had NO idea you were so talented! Okay, bye."

And I get greeted in the hallway with "Hello, poem girl."

The problem is this poem is so uneven, it wobbles when you read it. It's kind of embarassing, actually.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay, so where's the poem???? You can't do a lead up like that and then leave us in suspense! =)
Matthew Carroll said…
Right! Let's hear it!

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers