Location, Location, Location

My desk is located where the work room meets the water cooler. I can hear most of what is said at the Reception Desk. I can hear when they add more snacks to the snack area. I know how many people are standing in line at the women's bathroom. I can even give a report on the traffic on the 101.

While it can be kind of embarassing to be on the phone when someone comes to fill up their water bottle (what do they think the noise is?), and rather distracting when the color printer jams and I think we are experiencing a small earthquake, it is an excellent place to pick up tips on restaurants, and news on last week's bowling scores, TV appearances, and what color looks fabulous on another co-worker.

All from my little cubicle.

But the amazing thing in all of this, I am near all of the prime spots to hear what is going on, and I still miss when there are developments directly involving me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers