Clean but Fun

Over the last several days, I have had multiple opportunities to peruse classified ads for rooms available for rent.

If you have had any experience with this sort of thing, you probably are not surprised to know that I come away with a renewed appreciation for what I have.

Alongside the down-right disturbing (it is alarming how many people have decided that it is easier to advertise an empty room than to go through the hassle of personal ads), are the frustrating (if you go through the trouble of advertising a room, why not take the extra 30 seconds to give details like cost, or location, or size of room, or how to be contacted?), and the depressing (one room for $1000 a month plus utilities?).

But over and over I am puzzled by the qualification "looking for someone clean but fun" or "looking for someone with a sense of humor but tidy". Has the entire world decided that those two things don't go together?

Sadly, reading through these classifieds puts my sense of humor in serious jeopardy. But maybe it is a good thing that I lose my sense of humor for awhile... my room could use a good cleaning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers