Minimalist

Our new offices were designed with the minimalist in mind. Lots of stark lines and open space.

For the next three weekends there are large groups of people-to-be-pleased coming through, and we are supposed to do everything in our power to not have anything that detracts from the architectural design of the building.

That means I can't have my Australian calendar filled with Aborigine art nor my Colombian, Laotian, Chinese, Brazilian, Bolivian, or Pakistani decor, because (in case you weren't aware) it does not have the same stark modern feel.

That also means that we have to rent a U-Haul to park in back to stash the boxes and boxes of things that would go on shelves, if those shelves fit the minimalist design.

That means that my snazzy foot stool that is the envy of the workplace is squeezed in my file drawer with my Spanish dictionaries, reference books, and box of Kleenex.

I think that perhaps for the rest of the month, whenever anyone asks me to do anything I will simply say "I'm sorry. We are minimalist. Helping you would necessitate detracting from the building."

Minimalist work space, minimal work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers