Excitement

"Hey, are you excited!?!"

Perhaps you already know that the correct response is not "Huh? About What?"

And I know that, too. But these days, it's hard to know what people are referring to. Is it my new boss (Don't tell her I used the "b" word)? or my new living situation? Is it the press release I wrote for the website or the response we are waiting for from the TV show? Are they talking about my trip to visit my parents or the trip to Peru? My dinner with church friends or dinner with my cousin who really knows how to cook? Or maybe they are asking about my sister's wedding or the eventual day when the ugly ring worm is nothing but a memory. Or. or. or.

I know anticipation is nine-tenths of enjoying an event, but my view these days is not leaving a ton of room for anticipation. I guess I will have to wait for the day when I can better enjoy the emotional build up.

When I think about that day, wow, do I get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers