A Shirt Named Anxiety

I bought myself a shirt the other day. As I was trying it on, I noticed in big, bold letters the word "Anxiety" on the tag. Anxiety in black and teal.

Perhaps I should have avoided buying the shirt, but certainly I should have known better than to wear Anxiety on the day of my dentist appointment. Because try as I might to keep it all in one place, as the dentist starts flinging options about decisions that need to be made before he will authorize the hygienist to take off my bib and for good measure he throws in a few extra anxiety producing words like "that shouldn't be happening" and "surgery, which I wouldn't recommend", my decision making capabilities begin to look like the black and teal squiggles on my shirt. And I begin to suspect the cute little "for show" black belt around my rib cage is hooked too tight.

It makes me wonder, though, what was going on in the designer's life? A bad trip to the dentist?

Comments

Vicki Carroll said…
Or a letter from the IRS?

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers