I am so smart

And I say that will all humility.

We've been registering for home items, SOS and I. And sometime during the course of "is it permissible to register for things like cheese cloth and bathroom soap" it was suggested that maybe we really ought to register for at least SOME tools, as every household needs a hammer and the like.

So yesterday found us in Sears with a scanner and aisle upon aisle of tools. Of course, they all look the same to me (except for the new brand that comes with lime green accessories) but SOS actually knew that each tool has a different purpose... and he knew the purpose!! And since he knew what each tool is for, I let him decide what to scan.

Along about the third "theetbabeep" of the scanner, I began to revisit the question of what exactly wedding guests would and would not be willing to count as "necessary for starting a home." And then I had a brilliant stroke of epiphany:

If not a single item was purchased off this list, I would then have gift ideas for SOS for the next ten years.

Aren't I so smart? Maybe I won't even let people know we are registered there.

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
You might have a hard time starting a home if you need to wait 10 years for a hammer. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers