Lancaster County

On Wednesday all day long I sang myself a song that went something like this: remember it snows and snow is cold. Remember it snows and snow is not fun to drive in. Remember it snows and you would need to shovel it.

There are many verses to this song and as we drove through the beautiful countryside I kept adding more verses. Otherwise I think SOS and I would have put an offer on a little house and moved. Really, there was nothing that we encountered all day long that detracted from the siren call of the rolling farms and wooded streams and charming architecture... Nothing except for the tenuous grasp I have on the concept of snow.








As if the scenery itself weren't enough to lure us, we spent the afternoon in the town of Lititz which is home to the oldest pretzel bakery in the US. Their fresh baked soft pretzels make you forget you missed lunch. And as if more magnetic pull was necessary, this is also the home to a chocolate factory that sends emissaries of chocolate fragrance on the wind to revive you when you have stopped at a bench to catch your breath.

Yes, it really is as good as all that.















Sing with me, won't you? Remember it snows and Snow is cold...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I tried to leave a comment but Brazilian blogger wouldn't let me. I'll try again:
"ah, yes. Remember it snows and snow is cold! I love your posts. Remember to come home, too. I love you. Give my love to SOS and Cutiepiebabyboy."
No no, you need to change that to "remember it snows and snow is FUN!" :)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers