Thursday, June 28: Class of 99, Wear Sunscreen

Apparently, the unstated goal of our vacation is to not get sunburned. Even the first day, after spending a few hours at the beach, I thought happily, "We've been here a whole afternoon and no sunburns!"

Everyday since I have counted us equally successful.

True confessions: I brought five bottles of sunscreen with us, and two of them are of Costco-sized proportions. I promised myself the reason I needed to bring five was that we were going to use at least one bottle start to finish during our two weeks here.

Of course, right now, CutieBabyBoy and I are in the shade. Who comes to the beach to sit in the shade?

SOS is out snorkeling near the reef. I find great humor in the fact that I can tell which snorkeler is my husband by the brilliant white of his backside.  Let's pray that I covered him well with sunscreen, otherwise, my stellar record of three days with no sunburn will be ruined.

I am also wearing the largest, floppiest hat I have every owned.  The Cook Islanders take their hats very seriously. They are woven from palm fronds and have stiff brims, the better to hold a wreath (or eis). My floppy hat draws quite the looks.
CutieBabyBoy modeling my floppy hat.

We will probably be the only vacationers in the history of tourism to leave the Cook Islands as white as we came.

But at least we will have achieved our vacation goals.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers