The Ninety-Ninth Day of Winter

Back in the days before winter (also known as BW), someone was telling me about a park on the beach of one of the lakes. She mentioned that it was one of the best beaches Madison had, and wasn’t it a little sad that in warmer months it was crowded with poor Wisconsinites who didn’t know any better? I was on the hunt for good parks to take the kids to and simultaneously trying to gain a better image of how parents of young children survive. So I asked whether people still played there during the colder months.

“Oh, yes!” She said. “It’s like a big field. I take my dog out on it and throw a stick for her to bring back to me.”

I inwardly smirked as she had obviously not understood my real question.


But then there is this.

Yes, that is a bicycle. Yes, on a frozen lake.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers