What 26 Hours Can Look Like

This week we skipped a few days of Wisconsin in Winter because we were in (not terribly sunny) California. The family members who are in school came back on Sunday. The rest of us came back on Tuesday. Or at least we tried to come back on Tuesday. As one of the flight attendants so gently put it, this was the trip from h***.

I wouldn't put it like that... even if my checked luggage mysteriously managed to find a quicker way back to Madison than I did. (I had a bit of deja vu as the airline agent assured me that the shortest route between Los Angeles and Madison is, indeed, via Seattle.) I'll just say we certainly earned our wings.


Number of small children traveling with me: 2
Number of flight delays: 2
Number of flights canceled: 2
Number of flights missed: 2
Number of reroutes: 2
Number of hours sitting on tarmac waiting for mechanical issue to be resolved: 2
Number of times plane taxied out to take-off only to return to gate: 2
Number of times I was directed to change terminals only to be redirected back: 2
Number of times I was tasked with getting upstairs with children and all belongings without a functioning elevator or escalator: 2
Number of times I carried both children in my arms: 2
Number of times I handed a child and/or personal belongings (like my purse or computer bag) to a complete stranger: 10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers