The Eighty-Fifth Day of Winter

I came to the library today to get some work done. I'm surprised by how many responsible adults walked with their children in tow from the neighborhood down the street. It's 15 degrees outside with a windchill putting it down around zero. And aren't those snow flurries I see?

One one hand, I think they are crazy. Or desperate. And on the other hand, I think "Oh, if only I could be brave enough to get my children out of the house for a brief walk to the inhabited warmth of the library."

Truth be told, bravery is only part of what would be required. There's quite the dash of laziness thrown in, too. It is just. so. much. work to get everyone dressed in enough layers and out of the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers