Greeting Card Writer

Did you know that Hallmark is looking for greeting card writers? They have a little PDF exercise you can download from their website to see if you are cut out for the job. The only real problem is you have to relocate to Kansas City.

This set me to thinking. The first thought is: What is it about Kansas City that makes a good writer for greeting cards? Also, I imagine that you could only be a card writer for about 10 months before all of your inspiration disappears and you are stuck writing cheesy poems about flowers and love. Thirdly, I think I want to start my own line of non-cheesy greeting cards. I already have some ideas.

Outside:
The man in the moon smiled in his sleep
The stars by his side dreamed wondrous things
The wind rolled over in its bed, the trees

Inside:
Because they were all too far away to hear your #$!!!!@!###!!!!!!! dog bark all night.
Shoot it or boot it.
Love, your neighbor.

or

Outside:
On the occassion of you making dinner, I'd like to offer you this little poem...

Inside:
Thanks for cooking dinner
With out you, I'd be much thinner
I'd eat what showed up at my door
A scrap of meat and an apple core.

or

Inside:
Congratulations on your new toothbrush!

Outside:
Life should be filled with celebrations, this way you get to celebrate at least once every three months. (Doctor Recommended.)


What do you think? Do I have a future? (If you say yes, I say thank you. If you say no, I will assume you do not wish for me to move to Kansas City, a very benevolent thought.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers