Exciting

So my little truck has been in the shop for over a day now.

I don't remember turning on my lights on Friday morning, but when I returned to my car after seven hours of babysitting, my battery was dead.

So we opened up the hood to jump start it and the kind man who was helping me said something about something with the engine and that I might need to get that something looked at.

So I drove home. And there was some disconcerting squeeling and then a disconcerting burning smell and then some even more disconcerting lack of squeeling.

So I borrowed someone else's car for the next day and a half.

But when I finally got up the nerve to look at the truck, I saw two problems: a coolant leak and a hose hanging down.

So we took it into the shop.

This morning was the first time that the mechanics were able to talk with us since we took it in. Most times, there is one mechanic who lays it all out, gives the different scenarios, the projected costs for the different scenarios. They are friendly, but just matter of fact.

Today it was different. Two mechanics. Lots of excitement.



If nothing else, I guess I can be glad for keeping their lives interesting.

Comments

caedmonstia said…
Hello! How is your truck? Don't drive it anymore until the hoses are all re-hosed. Have you checked for Marmots? It is best to drive after the marmots are out of the engine.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers