Meaningless: A Chase After the Wind

There is an empty lot near my place that is a tumbleweed breeding ground.

Or so I thought.

When I drove by, I would frequently see tumbleweeds that had blown from the empty lot across the street and piled up along the horse trail. I figured there was probably some community group or city ordinance that paid for the occasional removal of the accumulated weeds, because that is the sort of neighborhood I live in.

One thing I never could figure out, though, is why so many happened to make their way across the street when it didn't seem that there was all that many on the other side of the street to begin with.

And then I happened to drive by while the aforementioned employees were doing their ritual "Remove Tumbleweeds from Horse Trail" assignment.

They each grabbed two of the large balls of sticks, waited for traffic to pass, and then carried the tumbleweeds back to their home on the original side of the street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers