Passcode

Have you ever stopped to marvel at how many useless strings of numbers and letters you have memorized?

Yes, yes, at one point it wasn't useless information, as it let you get into your locker, or access your money, or retrieve your phone messages, but now?

Not only are we stuck with useless bits of numbers and letters, but we are forever being obliged to think up another one.

To access my computer at work, my password must have both letters and numbers, must include punctuation and at least one key stroke has to be made while pressing the Shift key.

And I must change it every six to eight weeks.

And what I change it to can't have been any of the previous twelve.

Its a wonder I have sufficient memory left over for remembering my name (any of them).

I do have a name, don't I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers