Perfect Words

On occasion (so maybe like twice), in my writing life, I will come upon the perfect set of words. I will be happy they arrived, and continue on with life.

But then, sometimes, the perfect set of words will be seen by others, and as they hold them up to be examined, I think that maybe the words are too perfect, and maybe I have actually heard them before and that is why they came so easily.

And the fear that I am unknowingly stealing someone else's words and claiming them as my own, sends me into a panic, and makes me think that perhaps it would be better if I never brought my words out in public.

Or maybe the solution is just to wear them for all to see, hoping that someone will recognize them and so have the words returned to their rightful owner.

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
I think your problem would be solved if you only used words released under an open source free documentation license.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers