Little Gifts

I am ever so grateful that my co-worker who usually gives tours of the building can be heard coming down the hall. Because of this, I had sufficient time to climb out from under my desk where I had been trying to detach and attach cords, straighten my suit jacket and skirt, and sit demurely with my fingers on the keyboard that gave no response, smiling serenely at the error message on my screen.

Suffice it to say, I have had better ideas than to switch keyboards and mouses while four different programs were running.

But I am thankful for the tour group. I had been about to admit defeat and call our IT department, but there was no way I was going to call them while there was a crowd of awed onlookers. And while I half-listened to the remarkable facts and statistics of what I do everyday, I was inspired with a true solution to my dilemma, and could gracefully rise to my feet and walk efficiently to the next room to bring it about.

I have always wondered what people in office buildings find to keep them looking so busy all the time, and now I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers