Mostly Sunny with a high of 68

I sometimes wonder if people hate me for the weather.

Today a woman called to get our mailing address, and after I carefully repeated the zip code, she blurted out "Is it a beautiful day there?"

I was rather startled, but I took the occasion to look out my window and report "Yes, yes. It is a beautiful day today."

She then wanted to know what temperature it was and then accusingly informed me that it was 0 Degrees Fahrenheit at her house with a wind chill factor making it seem even colder.

But this isn't an isolated case.

Last week, after a man poured out his concern over some late breaking news, he said I should go swimming in the ocean. When I protested that it was too cold to go swimming, he compromised and said that I could swim in a heated pool instead.

And then there was the call where I was asked to give a weather report and then was told about a blustery snow storm that cancelled school.

I begin to wonder if maybe the purpose behind some of these calls is just to gain news that somewhere, only a phone call away, the sun is shining.

Maybe in July I'll start calling them and ask if their grass is green.

Comments

sarah marie said…
I know the feeling - the hateful one, that is. I can't remember the last time I felt warm enough for a swim! It's always freezing, freezing, freezing here. Today I had to pound on my gas tank latch for several minutes before it would pop open. Our front door is frozen shut and may not melt for days. The air is so dry I get a serious electric shock anytime I touch ANYTHING. BOO on the weather in Massachusetts!

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers