Double Vision

Los Angeles has a lot of cars. Cars that can all be intending to go somewhere and yet spending hours and hours not going very far at all.

But I have arrived at a partial solution to this problem.

For most of my conscious life, I have been aware that frequently my eyes tell me there are two when there is really only one. When this happens, I know that if I close one eye, one image will go away and then my head won't hurt so much.

Of course when there are many cars, the statistical truth is that there will be some cars that are doubles of another. When this happens, if I close one eye, maybe one will go away and then there will be more room on the road for actual movement.

Comments

Brian said…
Confucious said: A wise (wo)man is always careful about pursuing optical illusions while operating a moving vehicle. Life is short, and so is the distance between cars.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers