Perspective

So apparently my perspective has been wrong. I am not yet ready to agree with the person who said "Oh, it's just like you are on vacation... only you have to come to work every day!" but I do feel a little better about the situation. Maybe.

Reason #1:
I took the two tykes on a walk yesterday and a neighbor greeted them "Oh, the two amazing escape artists." No escapes from the back yard yet on my watch, I guess the battering rams have experienced more success than failure in the past.

Reason #2:
A friend of the owners commented "The puppy always sleeps with the daughter." No wonder Gracie thought she owned my bed.

Reason #3:
The same friend mentioned that she doesn't think the dogs are ever left alone for more than a couple of hours at a time, and rarely. That might explain the horrible whining and angry floor-wetting.

All this to say, I guess I should be telling you all how amazing it is that I managed to get three hours of sleep last night without having a puppy snout in my face. And can you believe there was only one wet spot on the floor this morning? But for sure, the best thing in all of this is that when I got back from work, the dogs were still confined!

Maybe if I keep telling myself that, at 3 in the morning when the puppy has thrown a slobbery flat volleyball on my face where I lie on the couch, I will be able to think "What a cute, sweet puppy who just wants to have fun playing." And when the old hound scratches my legs wanting a belly rub I will think "Poor sad doggy needs some old fashioned loving."

And then again... six days and counting.

Comments

Unknown said…
Umm, how about doggy sleeping pills? Wouldn't it be nice if you could get them over the counter?????

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers