Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob

Today, in a letter thanking me for responding, I received an explanation for why Isaac only had one wife when his father and his son both had more than one.

The answer, it seems, is in his choice of wife... Rebekah was perfect.

And then in the flowery, flattering way that is so foreign to American English, the writer proceeded to draw comparisons between me and that virtuous woman of old.

I am thankful the writer stopped before the part of the story where Rebekah favors one son over the other and deceives her husband. But I am even more thankful that I am nearly positive the writer is a woman. Because frankly, with all of the moving I'm doing, I don't have room for another bed spread.

Comments

Oh slowlane, you crack me up. Have I told you how very much I enjoy reading your blog? It makes me smile just seeing that there is a new post up, even before I read it!
slowlane said…
I'm so glad to hear that! As much fun as I have writing some of these posts, it makes it even more fun if I know that others are enjoying them, too. Thank you to all my faithful readers!

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers