Tail Ends and Scridgens

Have you ever noticed how everything a girl is likely to keep in the bathroom cupboards and on her vanity (should she actually have access to such marvels of organizational space) tends to multiply?

One summer I found myself sharing a small bedroom with three other girls. As we began to unpack, we began to laugh at our collection of lotions, hair products, nail polish, facial cleansers, and all that contributes to the beautification of the female visage. There was one flat space in the bedroom, and we covered it entirely in the miscellaneous assortment of bottles and tubes.

I am not sure how it has happened, but I'm inclined to believe that my supply of such things has surpassed even that eclectic mound of items. Of course most of it is not my fault. In the world of feminine gift giving, it is perfectly natural to acquire lotions and soaps which will require planning and dedication to use before they sour. And then again, a new gift must be at least sampled immediately, leaving half-finished and nearly done-for bottles to fill counter tops and cupboards and vanity drawers.

Or in my case: duffel, grocery sack, and make-up bag. Oh yeah, and overnight bag.

But the more practical side of me (I do happen to have one, however shy it may be) refuses to cart around so many bags, and the waste-not-want-not side of me refuses to throw away perfectly good products.

And so, dear friends, I must enter into a strict schedule of using every tail end and scridgen of lonely product. I may have the most moisturized hands I have ever had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers