The Fiftieth Day of Winter

Rain. The good, old-fashioned form of precipitation that accompanies warmer weather.

Can I tell you how lovely it felt?

The last few days I've been thinking that I am so over winter. We've had our snow fun, New Year's Day has come and gone, now it's time to move on to spring.

And today, glorious rain. Maybe I was right about the seasons after all.

To celebrate, I stood in the rain unencumbered by jacket or umbrella. If it hadn't been for my arm candy (an infant in a covered car seat), I probably would have restaged a dance for "Singing in the Rain."



I know the weather forecast has dire predictions for this weekend and possibly as long as the next ten days, but the seasonal aisles in the stores are filled now with gardening and camp-out supplies. Spring's gotta be just around the corner, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers