The Fifty-Fifth Day of Winter

Have you ever tried convincing small children to get outside when the thermostat reads -1 and it feels a good deal colder than that?

That was mission impossible this morning getting out the door for school drop off.

Talk about lethargy. And lethargy times multiple layers times multiple kids equals LATE.

I'm learning advanced mathematics these days, can't you tell?  At least one of the children is not old enough for me to rely on his cooperation or lack there of.

Hey, isn't lethargy a sign of hypothermia?

Before getting the kids in the car, I took our spare set of keys down to the car to start it and let it warm while I did last minute stuff with the kids. It was so cold, the automatic door locks wouldn't work. It was so cold that even after running the car's engine for half an hour before and during the drive, the heater wasn't sufficient to warm the car. It was so cold that I never was able to get the windshield wiper fluid to defrost. It was so cold that the electric windows wouldn't work. It was so cold that when I stopped to get gas, I couldn't get the gas cap to function correctly.

Did I mention it was cold?

Who would ever guess this is what negative temperatures look like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers