The buying power of trash

Today, with my trash, I bought four fish.

Hopefully, the fish will not soon wind up in the trash. If they make it to day 2, I will name them.

When I originally planned on using money from turning in recycleable things to buy fish, I thought that I would buy myself one beta fish, for aproximately $3.50. When I received $7, I was excited because I figured I could get two betas. But then I remembered that beta mathematics is not like traditional mathematics.

One beta plus one beta does NOT equal two betas.

If you are lucky, it equals one beta. If you are unlucky it equals zero betas.

I might still end up with zero fish, but at least this way everyone involved has a better chance.

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
What is the following sum:
1 beta + 1 beta + 1 turtle = ?

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers