The fog crept in on cat's feet

...dragging a half dead mouse in its teeth.

This post has nothing to do with mice or cats. As a matter of fact this post has nothing to do with creeping or death, either.

This post is about

FOG

And how this particular fog doesn't seem to have anything in common with cats or creeping.

What happens is this:
Scene: A little valley in the middle of nowhere. It is autumn. The leaves that have dared to change color have, and those that were too timid to do so are thinking about making their journey to the ground where leaf blowers can blast at them and dogs can p**p on them.

Act one:
The people of the little valley come out of their houses and offices.

The people: Isn't it fabulous and beautiful outside? The sky is so blue and the air is so crisp and clean and clear. Oh, I just hate to be inside on a day like today.

Act two:
The people of the little valley look out their windows and squint to see if they can see their neighbor's house. They then open the door to get their newspaper.

The people: Ug. Fog. Ug. Ug. Ug. Why can't the newspaper be delivered to my breakfast table? There is no way I want to come outside in this weather until at least noon when I will be able to see where I parked my car. Ug. Ug. Ug.

The End.

This drama has been brought to you by...

Tule Fog
Have you seen the sun today?

Comments

caedmonstia said…
I have seen the sun today. These days, you drink mineral water from a bottle, and the water travels in your mouth and directly out your sweat-glands. I have one shirt that is very light-weight cotton. I wore it today and washed it and hung it up so I can wear it again tomorrow. Recife is lucky I wear anything at all, these days.

But, strangely, I think of thick gray fog --thick like an enormous blanket made by forgetting to clean the dryer lint-screen-- and I am not nostalgic. Here, you can feel better by taking a cold shower every five minutes or going to the beach. There is no such remedy for fog, at least not that I know of.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers