Confessions

I have a few confessions to make.

The first is that I have been spending some time not in the fast lane, per se, but not in the slow lane either. Don't worry, it isn't the carpool lane either.

The second is that sometime during the last week I inadvertently unplugged my computer from the internet and as of yet, have not figured out how to plug it back in. While it has guaranteed that I spend less time in front of my computer, it also has guaranteed that I spend less time blogging.

The third confession I have to make is that I have a statistics counter on my blog. Mostly I use it to prove to myself that people do, indeed, read my blog. But I also like to see how people find my blog. While there very rarely is anything unusual in how you, my dear readers, arrive, occassionally there is a poor lost seeker who comes to my blog looking for help that my blog is woefully equipped to provide.

To help remedy this dilemma, I will endeavor to answer some of the greater issues at hand.

For instance, for that person out there who Asked Jeeves what to do when a girl tells you she wants to go slow, I offer this bit of advice: Go slow. Ask her oppinion of snails and turtles and lines at Disneyland and new drivers in old trucks.

For that person who was hoping for information for stay-at-home fathers, I suggest reading the book "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb," cooking a two-soup crockpot with pasta and greenbeans, taking the kids to the park to run off energy and where there won't be a threat of Mom finding blood on her couch, using paper towels to clean the carpet rather than the white hand towel, and giving lots of high fives and hugs.

In answering these concerns, I am reminded of the saying "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have an advice column thrust upon them."

Comments

I just woke up my son (sleeping in a sling) by laughing out loud. What great advice on "going slow"! :)

By the way, how do you get a statistics whatchamacallit? I'm quite curious how people find my own blog...particularly the people I don't know.

If you don't mind, bubbs me, will you? I'm emily m.
sarah marie said…
becka, you're so funny! thanks for your charming posts - they really brighten my days.
caedmonstia said…
How did I get here?
slowlane said…
According to my calculations, caedmonstia, you arrived here by clicking on a bookmark.

I know, very exciting.

After I posted this confession, someone came looking for information on rabbit heaters. Talk about random.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers