In Love

I've fallen in love.

Sunday afternoon I went to a concert featuring my piano teacher and her husband. They played all sorts of four handed pieces, some on the same piano, some on two separate pianos.

Whenever I go to a live performance, I feel like I hear more with my eyes than with my ears, but this concert was more enriched by seeing it than many other performances that I've been to.

Not only did they play the William Tell Overture which required one person's hand playing directly beneath the other's, but they played P.D.Q. Bach's Sonata Innamorata which requires the pianists to switch sides on the piano bench while playing. The Sonata is named Innamorata for a reason.

Another favorite of the afternoon was an arrangement of Gershwin songs taken from piano rolls he crafted. While the piano roll could be played on one piano, it takes two people on separate pianos to accomplish the same sound.

I've always liked the sound of the piano, but now I think I'm in love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers