Right by Half

I was somewhat distracted when one of my boys informed me that he had the hiccups. I'm always interested in hearing how people "cure" hiccups, so I asked him if he knew how to get rid of them, hoping to gain some interesting anthropological data. With my brain now occupied with two different things (wondering what method his family used and building my Thomas train track), I didn't notice him lean into my ear.

That is, I didn't notice until he yelled into it.

If I had been the patient, I would have been cured. I pointed that out to him... that someone was supposed to scare him, not that he was supposed to scare someone else.

My heart still pounding, I suggested that he try holding his breath. He immediately complied by clamping his mouth shut, puffing his cheeks out with air, and breathing through his nose.

Comments

I think you're a bit too picky. The kid is trying to help and you're just down on everything! Perhaps you're not being specific enough in your directions.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers