Granny Car

My Granny car is affectionately called the Bugle. It has been off-roading through creek beds with two squirmy twins strapped in back, it has carried a dorm fridge and fish tank with relatively little harm to the contents of each, and it has seen about 100,000 miles with me.

But alas, and woe, it was in an accident two months ago that left it blind in one eye. I was not driving at the time, nor was the car in any way to blame, but suddenly I feel like a horrible driver. I can't use the left turn signal, and I know people are scolding me for being lazy and not caring about their safety enough to turn the dumb signal on. And every time I execute a less than perfect turn, I can hear people thinking "Woa, crazy driver. Watch out for her, look how badly she managed to bash in her car."

Of course the smoke coming from under the Bugle's hood today didn't help.

People always want to make statements with their car, but I think my Granny car is done making statements and is now just asking questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers