Coming Soon...

Coming soon to national television...

Yours Truly.

When your work place becomes the key filming location for a national television program, you are bound to get the occasional "oops I just walked down the hallway where they are filming, I hope my shirt was tucked in okay".

But this is even better.

Two people walked into my cubicle, with a camera rolling behind them, and voila! I think I could have used some advance notice and a green room.

So yes, at some point, you may see my lovely desk which looks remarkably like a bad day at the paper mill while I am working. And you may see me trying to type at a professional speed level while not typing anything of a sensitive nature... in Spanish. And you may see how it actually looks like I don't know how to type at all and you will see all of the red squiggles that Microsoft Word helpfully puts under words you misspell. And you will see me turn six shades of pink.

But then maybe the editor will decide that I don't add anything to the story line and I will be cut from the program.

I think that would make for better television programming.

Comments

Brian said…
I have just finished writing a paper about how Kafka gave all his manuscripts to his friend and told him to burn them. But instead his friend found publishers for them and they became among the most fascinating books of the century. Do you see the parallels?

The verification work is clietqi, which I think is Yiddish for someone about to be asked to perform an encore.
Sylvia said…
My response would be "aacckk!"

But let us know if you make it on the show... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers