VIP

I'm VIP at the place where I get the oil changed in my car. Every three months, on my lunch break or at 5 when I get off from work, I dart around the corner to Lube and Smog. I'm sure they are always very pleased to see me, as they cut short their lunch break or realize their day isn't quite done.

And that is even before they open the hood.

Every time I come in, they tell me how difficult it is to change the air filter and polite frustration turns to more colorful language as the entire crew remarks on how long this routine service is taking.

Frankly, I was surprised when they handed me the VIP card after my first LOF. I thought for sure they would not go out of their way to encourage my return. And I secretly suspect that they regret that particular gift each time I flash the card.

But then, maybe anyone who manages to find this place (just off of New "Unnamed" Road) is VIP.

Comments

caedmonstia said…
I get at least one flat tire a week on my motorcycle. But the guy that has to fix it once a week hasn't given me any VIP cards yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers